Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dust 'It' Off and Try Again


 Top (here) & Skirt - Zara, Wedges - Michael Kors (similar), Clutch - Banana Republic, Sunglasses - Rayban (here)
I remember being super excited about this skirt when I purchased it...fast forward a year and it was hanging in my closet with the tags still on it.  The outfit I had in mind when I purchased it just didn't work out so well.  I originally thought I’d wear it with a pair of pumps and dress it up, but the material of the skirt just didn't go with the look so I decided I’d have to opt for a more casual ensemble so when I spotted this top in Zara a few weeks ago, I knew it would be perfect!  It wasn't just a plain cotton tank, it had detail that I knew the skirt needed so it wouldn't look so boring.  My wedges and orange clutch were the perfect additions...this is now one of my favorite outfits!  Lesson here - if you love an item and your original outfit idea doesn't pan out, give it another chance, you may end up loving it even more :)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Can't believe it was sitting in the closet for a year! I'm a huge fan of fun gliry skirts! Well I'm glad it finally came out and I love the combination of the skirt and that side lace top! :)

    KT
    www.KTrstyle.com

    ReplyDelete